Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Totally Tilda

Hi blogettese, a couple of weeks ago i entered the challenge on Totally Tilda and was pleasantly surprised to win!  Well for the prize you got to be the geust for their challenge, so this is my geust spot on the Totally Tilda challenge blog and they want you to use your darling little Tilda on anything but a card.
Well after searching through my repetoire of crafting knowleged i recalled having made these candle a lon while ago and thought there would be no harm in redoing it.
So for the challenge i colored my image onto vellum, which is not easy as the vellum has a smooth surface, then i took a piece of sandwich was wrap, wrapped it around the candle and image, and heated it with my heat gun, VOILA! its stuck to the candle.
A simple trick but looks so sweet and the recipient always thinks you so clever when you give it to them.
I then had to make a box to put it into, so cut a little lantern type box with acetate windows, a firm box in the centre to stablize the candle and a ribbon wrapped around it with a ribbon on the top, done!  The image i have used is a mini available from Magnolia-licious store and she is Christmas morning Tilda item #3009.
Do pop over to Totally Tilda  challenge blog and join the challenge
till next time
smiles
Paola

15 comments:

  1. Your candle is amazing just like all your lovely creations Paola , thank you so much for taking the time to be our special gift for this challenge , we really loved having you work with us at Totally Tilda
    Have a lovely Sunday
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Paola! Love this, I really need to try this some day and your instructions make it sound so easy!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea Paola. So sorry I haven't been over in a while. I always love your creations. You are a fabulous crafter and very inspirational. I hope you are well hun. Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very gorgeous! Great idea! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable paola! I have'nt tried this but have always loved the look. You did an awesome job, thanks for sharing!

    Hugs
    Judy K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!!! this is just so so fabby!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Paola! Very pretty
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paola your candle is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet & beautifully coloured.
    Thanks so much for being our guest designer at Totally Tilda :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paola your creations always amaze me!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful candle and it's so pretty using Tilda. Fun seeing it put into an awesome box too. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paola,
    I love your candle project. It's nice to see Tilda on other things other than cards. Lovely!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win, girlfriend!! Gorgeous candle...this is on my "to do" list. Maybe someday soon. Hugs. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! I've never tried that. Might have to...some day. Lovely candle.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous candle! Love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful work of art this piece is. I love Tilda colored on the vellum - so much softer a look that tissue! Your lantern is fabulous. You are the queen of creating gorgeous altered items and pretty box shapes too! Like your carousel. Hope to talk to you soon...
    Love you gal,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola