Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A special event!!

A young South African blogger got in touch with me a few weeks ago to ask me if i would like to be part of a Blogaverssary challenge that she is hosting.  Well how could i say no, this uber talented youngster could put a few of us more seasoned ladies to shame.
I made two cards for Heidi-Mari's challenge, popped them in the mail with a few additional goodies for her also to add to her fabulous candy thaqt she has up for grabs, however the postie here seems to miss the plot and has taken his time in getting to Heidi's doorstep.
My two card that i made:  The first one feature a stamp from a local rubber stamp company:  Country Crafts:
Again i used my Marianne designs dies and Nellie Snellens.

for my second card: i have used a Whiff of Joy from last years stamps featuring Henry and his Christmas bauble.  I am actually so off of these stamps after being on the WOJ challenge dt left me with a bad taste in my mouth, that i really dont enjoy using these stamps anymore, however i do know that Heidi loves them.  The Christmas bauble is a cuttlebug die as was the sentiment one that comes with the bauble, and again i used my Nellie Snellen dies, also one of my MS punches for the border along the side.

Not sure if you can see it but i added a good going over of  spica to this Xmas bauble, and then gave his hat and the snow some puff pen for a bit of a pop.
Last but not least i was talking to Barb Hardeman on skyoe last evening and she tells me it is imperitive for me to decorate the inside of my cards, so here's a peek into this one..
smiles
Paola

7 comments:

  1. These are great Paola! You'll have to tell me what that puff pen thing is. Sounds like somethin bad happened at WOJ, they lost a great designer when they lost you! I know that. I just got my personalized stamp a couple weeks ago and I LOVE it. I super adore the inside of the card design you did too. Have a fabulous week sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..what beautiful holiday cards. Love the inside of the WOJ card as well and the personalized stamp on the back. The angels are adorable. I love coming to your blog....always find so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are gorgeous Paola! I was thrilled to see you used a South African cute angels stamp...now that could've worked for our last Thursday Challenge...it's about 10 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too adorable, girlfriend!!! I LOVE the way you finished off the inside!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooohooo! Beautifully finished inside and out! That image is so cute, with the little kid on the end peeking under his slipped halo! Both cards are fabulous!!!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Paola, I love the rich colours & your attention to detail is fab :)

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog through Character Cafe and continue to enjoy browsing your site. I love the Henry Christmas mouse bauble but can't afford to him or any buy them so I admire from afar. All your extra work you put into your cards is stunning. I love Mo's work too and have bought adorable images from her store. I can afford $3 now and then and there's no shipping..haha Thanks again for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola