Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kenny K's weekly challenge dt

Time for a new challenge over on Kenny K's Krafty Girlz and the girls definitley know how to get the creative juices going, so head over and see what they came up with to inspire you this week.  The challenge set by Bev this week is to use a recipe: 2 x 2, be that 2 ribbons, two flowers or two papers and two bows, that is up to you to interpret.  Before you do, this is what i came up with:
Using the new from Christmas digi's, Xmas shopping, colored with my copics and then giving her fur trim a going over with a puff pen.  I used two dp, two flowers, two frames for my image and lots of little rhinestones to help with the festive feel of all the Xmas shopping.  I also used my new Christmas sentiment from the new Mag kit and embossed it with gold embossing powder, then since i had decided to use embossing powder for the outer sentiment i went the whole hog and used some of that glitter embossing powder for the inside sentiment too, i dont think my heat gun knew what to do with all the heat embossing going on.  So much stuf to use that the old stuff gets a bit neglected, but i think for Xmas the embossing powder is the THING!
I really gotta agree with the advice i was given that finishing the insides of my cards just finishes them off.
Happy crafting
smiles
Paola

8 comments:

  1. Stunning as always!! Luv it! Gotta agree, finishing the inside makes a huge difference. Luv your lo and colour combo and this image is just beautiful too. Hope you're having a great weekend my special friend. Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Paola, as ever, loving the way you have decorated the inside to match..Fabby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Paola that is such a gorgeous card.
    Amazing paper and layout.
    The image is so fantasticly coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Paola - I love the inside too.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the gold framing - it just makes the rest of this fabulous card pop!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Christmas card is gorgeous, Paola:O) Love the colours and beautiful layout, your colouring IS fantastic, WOW!!!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...how did I almost miss this GORGEOUS CREATION????? WOW, Paola, I adore this image that you have colored fantastically...this just takes my breath away!!!! What a great Christmas card!! I love the unique way you framed this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola