Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Totally gorjuss dt

Hi blog hoppers, its time again for Totally gorjuss challenge, as i am sure you know by now there is always something really yummy for the winner so i hope you would consider joining us.  this week its a REAL challenge, if you are anything like me.  "BOYS".  I'm using another one of Mo's digi images for the challenge this week and this gorjuss image is available HERE.  and the stamps name is 'Buds"

I think this is just adorable, but i have major panic attacks when creating Boy cards, i am one of those more girls and boy cards need less embellishing, or should i say there isnt much besides for buttons and a very few other things to embellish boy cards with.

I was so excited, as this week i managed to get my hands on a second hand seing machine for R450, i thought GREAT! now i can stitch on my cards, yeah RIGHT! i must have the worst luck, i switched the thing on in preparation and two mins later there was a big bang and Lots of smoke.  So the machine went up in smoke.  Well off i went to Elna today and we will see if it can be repaired.  None the less i managed to hand stitch on the two sides of my card and select palces on the tag, i added some hessian, and a few buttons, another easel card, love these cards they always look so swathe.

Have a great weekend girls, will be crafting a lot in the nexr few days got lots to catch up on and my kids will be home for holidays while we are having the world cup in SA.

20 comments:

  1. Super sweet card Paola.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is fantastic hun... I luv it! ace layout :) xx Lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card Paola. What an adorable image and I love the hemp, it looks fabulous on a boys card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card Paola. I love that image, and you coloured it beatifully. I love the papers and buttons and and...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paola,
    Your card melted my heart! I love your coloring and you did a great job with more masculine embellishments!
    Hugs to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute image and such a cute card!! I had to smile from one ear to another when seeing this card! Sooo special!
    Hugs,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paola

    this is really adorable
    it's a beautiful card.... and the coloring is great

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Paola, what a pecious card. I love the paper and the ribbon paper( I don't know the name of it, sorry) are so beautiful. Great layout and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Paola - this is a brillaint card and what a lovely image. Love the use of hessian and buttons.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is Amazing! I love all the different textures and blues & tans. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Totally pegged the "Boyness", which can be hard to do!! Girly cards are so much easier to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous!! great image and I love the muted colour tones! love the mix of textures too!! very gorgeous card! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card! I love the colors, papers, and layout...all of it! Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card! A 'man' and his best friend! Beautiful!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is precious..Your coloring is terrific.. I wish you luck with your sewing machine..They can be tricky...Great job and thanks for joining us at Mo's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable Paola.. great job. And, I know what you mean about sewing machines!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week. Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paola, if you are applying for the DT postiion for Kenny K, then you need to follow the instructions on my blog so that Kenny will know where to look.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the baby fairy card your so talented but it looks really complicated to do is it an easel type card/ jen xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola