Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Sunday, May 30, 2010

SUMMER!!!!!

You see me calling for summer, its so darn cold here today, one would never geuss we lived in Africa.  Do you remember a few months ago i was complaining of the heat, well now i gotta complain of the cold, i really wouldnt mind, if it would just snow and be done with.  So here is a nice summery image in the hope that it would warm me a up a tad.

Summer tilda and her tube, colored with copics and added a bit of glaze to the tube to make it shine, stickles on the water to give it a bit of a shimer and some swirly rhinestones and layered flowers with rhinestone centres.

entering this one into three challenges:
Just Magnolia they want you to depict HOT and nothing says it better than a summery Beachy scene
stamptacular sunday who also want some of the beach
Magnolia down under want us to use flowers.
think i covered all bases with this one.

12 comments:

  1. You are the first and what kind of first! Wow your card is super, I love this image of Tilda, just like in Africa it's really nasty weather here in Holland, so let's gor for some summer, thanks for joining us at SSC this week, you did a great take on the chalenge! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Paola, your coloring is amazing -as always :-) Love the glaze on the tube -great idea!
    Hugs,
    Silvie from France

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!!! Love the image and coloured so perfectly love how the ring shines!!

    It's cold here in Sheffield and keeps raining typical bank holiday weather Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paola! This is adorable! I love this stamp, your sparkly water came out beautifully I want to jump in the card. LOL! Have a wonderful weekend, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO COOL!! Your colouring is fab too! Thanks for joining in this week at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is gorgeous Paola, fab Tilda...coloured beautifully ~ luv the colour combo & great layout.. the water looks ace! xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paola
    Thank you for popping in on my blog! Heidi-Mari and I just love card making and your blog is very inspirational, since you're a fellow South-African and we just favour the Whiff of Joy Stamps!
    Cold and wet here in the Western Cape too, although it was a beautiful, sunny day today, but it will not stay for long!
    Have a blessed week - Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute - makes me long for warmer days again. Love the colours and Tilda is wonderful. Thanks for joining in at MDUC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is darling Paola! Great image choice and fun papers. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along at JM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Paola!! stunning colouring and I love the design and details! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Paola this is gorgeous. So summery. Makes me want to jump in the pool. Great flowers. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola